Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Did you know...

that Andrew Jackson, the 7th president, was the first president to be born in a log cabin? 


Or that Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) served four terms in office: 1932, 1936, 1940 and 1944? {Which led to an amendment which only lets presidents be elected for two terms? Or something like that...}



Well, neither did I! But now my brain has been enriched with random presidential facts because today in BWPD, we did a web quest about the presidents! I don't know when I will need to now that in 1891, Benjamin Harrison had electric lights installed in the White House... but that's okay. Maybe I'll end up on a game show and that will be the MILLION DOLLAR ANSWER! Yeah! {I can only hope}


P.S. James Buchanan never got married and Theodore Roosevelt was the first president to ride in a passenger car. {Just thought I would let you know :)}

No comments:

Post a Comment